GESTRA Regional Sales Manager - Midwest
As a global leader in the engineering, design, production and application of technology, GESTRA USA, Inc. offers customers product solutions and services that function with maximum reliability. Our products comprise of a complete range of systems and intelligent solutions, and are used wherever steam is generated or distributed. These include engineered valves, control systems, complete boiler & blow down controls, steam traps, check valves, condensate pumps and severe service valves for steam and thermal fluid control.
I. Position Summary:
Manages a regionally based sales organization with a primary focus on growing direct end user presence and Distribution sales. Coordinates and promotes sales and marketing activities, and manages our distribution channel partners within an assigned territory.
II. Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
These essential functions indicate the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. They are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
- Develops new end user relationships with a focus on primary sectors of power generation, chemical processing, oil & gas refining, boiler OEMs, institutional power generation, the installed base and all high pressure applications.
- Maintains existing end user relationships and drives specifications with engineering consultants.
- Develops, monitors, and executes business plans and sales strategies for Distribution sales in an assigned territory in alignment with the corporate strategy. Ensures territory meets yearly sales plan.
- As and when applicable, manages and supports Independent Manufacturer’s Representatives (IMRs) to ensure a mutually beneficial relationship as well as Sales Engineers to enable them to attain maximum sales volume from potential markets in order to meet the goals of Gestra, USA.
- Routinely evaluates our distribution channels to ensure they are aligned with the corporate strategy.
- Facilitates and manages the execution of distributor business plans and is the primary liaison with distributor leadership teams working collaboratively on growth initiatives on behalf of Gestra.
- Manages, develops, evaluates, and leads IMRs and Sales Engineers to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to meet sales targets and ensures that the sales staff is fully competent in the selling of current and new technologies, products and services. Coaches sales team members during one-on-one sales calls. Coaches Value Selling and Customer First
- Value Proposition techniques to advance Gestra’s premium position.
- As a growing company, the incumbent will also develop sales opportunities by actively calling on end users of all types in all markets, including but not limited to plants, OEMs, contractors and consulting engineers.
- Visits customer sites in support of the sales and IMR teams to ensure continuous improvement in account penetration, sales effectiveness to win orders and technical aptitude development related to KPIs. Supports and or presents solutions to end users.
- Effectively communicates both upward and downward in the organization to ensure alignment and continuity in the organization.
- Communicates regularly with the National Sales Manager to ensure distribution channel partner relationships are strong and to foster an environment of collaboration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competencies and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field plus ten (10) or more years in product sales with at least five (5) years experience in sales management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred but not mandatory
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and CRM tools such as Salesforce.com or Microsoft Dynamics
- Must possess valid driver’s license, be able to operate motor vehicle and legally work in the USA.